The Snipe is a weaponized version of Silent Falcon™ designed to have precision strike capabilities. The Snipe UAV is derived from the existing SF Silent Falcon™ airframe and features advanced technologies that give it prolonged flight duration for superior loiter and patrol range, near silent operation and an insignificant thermal signature. The Snipe incorporates a unique self-contained automatic weapon with integrated sight optics and noise suppression. This allows the Snipe exceptional strike accuracy at the ‘individual’ level of precision with minimal collateral damage.
The Snipe system has both ground and marine based applications including:
- Anti-Piracy and Maritime Asset Protection
- Precision Strike / Hunter-Killer Missions
- Facility and Pipeline Protection
- Covert Hostile/Contested Area Recon
- Field-Controlled Special Operations Support
- Rapid Response Close Air Support
- Downed Pilot/Captured Personnel Location and Interdiction
Key attributes of the Snipe weapons system include:
- Can be fired from a lightweight, hand launched, stealth aerial platform without compromising vehicle performance
- Is capable of fully automatic (900+ RPM) suppressed (< 38 dB) fire with a maximum effective range of 200+ yards with accuracy to engage human targets at that distance
- Is capable of engaging vehicle targets at 200+ yards using armor piercing rounds
- Is programmable in 1-50 round bursts by the operator with capacity of 50-100 rounds
- Can be quickly reloaded in the field using a currently available magazine
- Uses current production (non-proprietary) FN 5.7x28 ammunition already in common use by military and law enforcement.
- Maximizes the use of commonly available components to increase field serviceability.